header

Pages

6.06.2014

"you need more patterned paper"

My friend Wida recently left a comment on my blog, which included the statement, "you need more patterned paper in your life, you use it so well."

Not only is that an incredible compliment, coming from a woman who excels in the use of patterned paper, but it also made me laugh.  I have LOTS of patterned paper in my life- it just doesn't often end up on my projects!

In an attempt to use up some stash, I made this card:



The floral centerpiece was cut from patterned paper...although I got impatient partway through the cutting process! (booo...sloppy cutting!) It was tricky to get around all of those tight spots.  The sentiment is from Super Script, and I stamped it on a strip of cardstock mounted above and beneath the cut flowers. 

This card was certainly a departure for me, but I like how it came out.  For a more traditional "Jen" card, please check out the Altenew blog! :)


12 comments:

  1. I totally dig this, it is so awesome! A great departure, full of vitality and joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess Wida is right: you do use patterned papers well (if and when you do LOL), Love how your card turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love how this card turned out, Jennifer! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree 100% with Wida, LOVE how you use patterned paper! What a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. EXcellent use of the patterned paper...kudo to your fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You DO do (can I type that on a blog, no smut intended) patterned paper well. This is lovely. So's your card on the Altenew blog, in fact, it's stunningly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you are using the patterned paper in your life! So pretty, and that is some fancy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heehee! Wida is right!! I love your use of pattern paper!! Definitely need more PP in your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautiful, Jen. I love the image from the patterned paper - can't remember ever seeing it on paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...