header

Pages

3.26.2011

OCC Let's Make ATCs!

This week, the challenge at Our Creative Corner is to make ATCs! I have never made an Artist's Trading Card before, and to be honest, wasn't too sure where to begin.

When I hear "trading card," I think Pokemon, Magic, etc. (Not that I've played those trading card games before, but it is pretty dorky that I think of them immediately!) You know- cards with stats on the back, including your HP and attacks.

Now ATCs are more like little cards that artists swap/trade with no intention to sell. They can be folded cards, or more like decorated business cards. There seem to be little limitations, except for size. They MUST measure 2.5"x3.5"

For the OCC Challenge, you must make an ATC, as well as these colors:
~Kraft
~White/Cream
~Black/Brown
~Color of your choice

This might be a great opportunity to use up some small scraps, or those tiny stamps that often get lost on larger projects!

For my ATC, I chose a fairly personal theme. I wanted the card to reflect me, so I incorporated music. The kraft paper reminded me of my viola, so I die cut 2 f-holes and added embroidery floss "strings" for a graphic representation of the instrument. The kraft panel is adhered with foam tape, and the color of my choice is that small little pop of fuchsia in the heart.

I printed the "LOVE Music" onto vellum using this cool font I found.



(above you can see the little stand I made out of black cardstock- that is not part of my ATC)
Don't forget to check out the ATCs from the DT, and join us at Our Creative Corner!

PS The sheet music in the pics above is called "Concertpiece," by Enesco for viola and piano. If you look closely, you can see how much I mark up my music!

8 comments:

  1. How did I not realize you were a music teacher? I should have picked up on that with my music background! Well, anyway, I love your card - the die-cutting and "strings" are perfect, and the sentiment is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen this is fabulous! I love how this turned out, I thought of the viola as soon as I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the ATC, Jenn! I love that you replicated a viola - very cool design. And thanks for the font link too - love it!

    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome Jenn!! Love the music theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cool Jen! Love that font and the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! Such a wonderful card! Its so creative! Truly special :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just grooved on over from Our Creative Corner and stopped at your card...this really took me. I have been working on a elderly mans, "Life in a scrapbook", and at the point of his love for music...now ya know...come check it out...it is on going and looking for challenges. Tootsie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...