header

Pages

3.12.2011

OCC Fabulous Fabric

This week at Our Creative Corner, our hostess Kristin Tierney (LilyBeth Boutique) has a fantastic challenge for everyone!

We all know how versatile fabric is, yet it rarely makes an appearance in papercrafting (with the exception of ribbon). For this week's challenge, Kristin suggests using fabric:
~as a background
~stamped
~folded
~cut
~woven

You can also make an embellishment (such as a fabric flower), or anything else your crafty minds can come up with!

For my card this week, I layered fabric it behind a die-cut image. I first cut the owl from kraft, then used the same adorable floral fabric I used for this card a few weeks ago. I also had a really fun green fabric that I put behind the leaves. To adhere them to the card, I temporarily taped the fabric onto the back, then stitched around the image with my sewing machine.

I raised the whole front panel with foam tape (as well as the sentiment) for extra dimension, and wrapped some embroidery floss around the bottom.



Here's a closer shot of the leaves:


I hope you play along with us this week at Our Creative Corner!

PS. Today I will be attending PAX East in Boston!! (and yes, I will be in costume....)

8 comments:

  1. Totally cool!!! Love that owl and how you made the branch!!! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh, that green fabric looks like just my thing, I can tell even from the small peek! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an amazing and creative card. What you did with the fabric is sensational and I'm in awe of how you cut out the branch for a negative effect. You totally rocked this challenge, Jen!

    Hope you are having a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AMAZING, Jennifer! I, especially, LOVE that cutout branch and all your scrumptious, stitching details! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer, I just love the construction of your card! Its so crafty! love the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool, Jen! I never would have thought of using fabric in that way - I love the effect. Fabulous job on the challenge - great colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing...I mean...amazing! So creative, I just love how you thought outside of the box for this challenge. Really, just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is amazing! i LOVE the cut out branch, what a fabulous creation!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...