header

Pages

2.05.2011

OCC Branch Out

It's time for another challenge at Our Creative Corner! Our host this week, Lori Rider, has challenged us to make a clean and simple card incorporating a tree.

For my card, I took a dark grey cardstock panel, and freehand painted the white trees with acrylic paint. It was a quick and easy way to get a nice bold image. The red birds were added next- I cut them from red cardstock, then heat embossed the sentiment. The final touch comes from the red embroidery floss- you know how much I love it!

Thanks for checking it out, and I hope you join us this week at Our Creative Corner!




8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card, Jennifer!
    Hugs Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, Jen! I love the monotone with the pop of red. A perfect CAS card!

    Hope you are having a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great style all your own and I really like it, Jennifer. I would have thought you cut out those trees. Clever idea. The red touches are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome Jennifer, so graphic, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those painted trees are fabulous! It looks amazing. I love the pops of red and the wonderful gray background - awesome job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this, those painted trees are perfect, I would have never know they were painted if you hadn't said!!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really is a perfect CAS card. I absolutely love it! Very beautiful! What did I win on Create?!? That could be exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, this is so striking! Love the trees, would have never guessed they were painted! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...