header

Pages

10.03.2010

Fresh Nest Challenge

I'm posting something completely out of the norm for me today. A few weeks ago I noticed a design challenge at Fresh Nest, and upon seeing the sketch, immediately knew what I wanted to make. Well, the end result is completely different than what I had envisioned (does that happen to you?).

I intended to make a vase out of wood- very streamlined in a cylindrical shape- no fancy curves or anything. I also wanted to drill out the circles at the bottom, and wood burn the text. I was having such a hard time figuring out how I could make a wooden cylinder, that I completely ditched that plan and went for something I could do with materials I had on hand.

Below is the new vase. I covered an existing old cheap glass vase with polymer clay, and used my rubber stamps for the text. I like it, but I do plan on figuring out how to execute my original idea. If I get around to it, I'll be sure to post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...